Ok so this is my first English Premier League Preview posts
(Not that I know how many there will be).
I will schedule them throughout today and tomorrow to drip-feed you as the season opener nears.
In this post I will borrow the format of the www.teamtalk.com version of the EPL preview.
I will try to be as unbiased as possible,
Though,
Being a Liverpool fan,
I think it's understandable that I cannot escape from predicting the Reds topping the table in May.
So, here goes!
Premier League top six: Liverpool, Manchester United, Chelsea, Arsenal, Manchester City, Everton/Aston Villa/Tottenham Hotspur.
Yes, the same boring top 4 as every year. I'm going to try to skip the long-winded explanation to this. Utd's squad is markedly weaker than last season (some guy called Ronaldo left in the summer, you see), while the Liverpool and Chelsea squads have stayed very much the same. We will see how much Xabi meant to Liverpool's style of play but they showed last season they could win without Gerrard and Torres so why not without Alonso?
Arsenal have a severely weakened squad going into this season but Fabregas might not get injured and they have Arshavin from the start this time. Also, I have trouble taking Manchester City seriously and cannot bring myself to predict them cracking the top 4.
Everton and Villa have thin squads, Tottenham have an unforgivably unbalanced one. I can't split them, though I'd like to believe Villa will be the ones to prevail. They can be thankful that Fulham, West Ham and Bolton aren't quite ready to challenge them this season.
Premier League bottom three: Portsmouth, Hull, Burnley.
Portsmouth look weak. Phil Brown looks like a douche bag and let's face it, the only reason why Hull are still there this season is because of Geovanni and because fate conspired (and rightly so) against Newcastle and Middlesbrough last season. I know everyone wrongly tipped Hull for the wooden spoon last season but they also rightly tipped Derby for the wooden spoon the season before, so Burnley for last place it is!
Leading PL scorer: Fernando Torres.
I have to keep my predictions congruent with each other.
First PL manager to be sacked: Paul Hart.
Tough times at Pompey methinks/predicts/expects.
PL bad boy - Player with the most red cards: Richard Dunne.
He did a great job last season - I'm hoping for more of the same from the lad!
As Theo Triant would say, "top" video.
It actually is.
I don't know whether the guy made it himself or whether it's from the EPL Review DVD or what but
The soundtrack isn't made by a douchebag
And that's already a plus!
If you're a guy who likes sports, I recommend you take your time to watch it -
Just 10 minutes of your time.
If you're Marcus or a girl, er... check out the players?
Actually... Do any girls even read my blog?
Watch out for part 2, coming soon!
1 comments:
good video, makes you forget your allegiances and appreciate the beautiful game.
Post a Comment