Living alone

6.4.11

Looking back, I'm so happy I went on this trip. It's motivated me so much to work hard here in the "real world".

I've experienced now just how lofty dreams of travelling and whatnot become real. 2012 exchange will be awesome. I now know exactly why I should concentrate and work hard at uni and studying and earning money.

I can read German so much easier now and I've re-found my confidence and interest in learning it and other languages. I truly believe I've graduated from "ein bißchen". That is, I'd be confident enough to tell someone "I speak German", and leave it at that. In general also I think I'm more confident now in what I think and what I have to say and how well I know myself... As lame as that sounds.

People've asked me what the highlight of the trip was. I think it was the day-to-day life I experienced in Düsseldorf. It was just so great. I'd never lived out of home before, never had to cook for myself so much and budget time to doing dishes and washing clothes and all that usually boring stuff. It probably helped that I met so many great people in such a short space of time and they lived so close to me. It's a lot harder to organise going out and stuff when there's more travelling time you have to think about even if you have the freedom of living alone.

I don't really know what else to say... I'm not hating life back here in Sydney, but I do miss Düsseldorf and that period of my life.

1 comments:

Rory said...

Your voice sounded weird, your intonation was all over the place, at least from what I'm used to hearing in an Australian sense.
But cool, nice to see what the place was like you spent all the time in. I didn't imagine it like that really.

Post a Comment