Home

5.4.11

Wednesday the 23rd of February, it was time to wrap it up. We had a small breakfast and I parted ways with the girls (they were off to Singapore). Glasgow city > Glasgow Airport > Amsterdam Airport > Frankfurt Airport > Singapore Airport > Sydney Airport. It was a bloody long trip and even though I was really tired, I was in such a good mood it was easy to roll with it.

On my flight from Frankfurt to Amsterdam on the way to Edinburgh, a babe of a young Scottish mum sat next to me. She and her kids and her sister (I think) went on to Glasgow. Coincidentally, she was on my flight from Glasgow to Frankfurt via Amsterdam too and she recognised me and we said hello. 

During my transit the heavens opened up and the snow came thick and fast - the most solid snowstorm in the entire 2 months I was there!

I got to Frankfurt so early I had to wait like an hour before I could even check my bags in. After that, though, I went through customs and got dinner, a pretty tasty but greasy spaghetti with salmon and rocket and sundried tomatoes - just the type of food I'd like to know how to cook and yeah I love salmon. Right after this I went into the boarding waiting room, hooked my laptop up to the powerpoint, put in my huge headphones, plugged my ipod and phone in to charge them, bought an hour of internet and sifted through my photos and then posted them on fb. I felt like a pro. I was wearing my "Nice 'n' Sleazy" shirt too!
On the flight from Frankfurt to Singapore I was really lucky. I was sat next to a German woman so I was pretty happy in the first place just to practice my German again after a 5 day hiatus. Not only this but there was an empty seat between us!

From Singapore to Sydney Nina had a different seat and was replaced by a West Country couple who were visiting their son. The steward was having trouble talking to the Turkish-German man and I spoke up and translated for them so German was the first language the West Country husband heard me speak. When we were chatting later he said to me "your English is quite good"!

0 comments:

Post a Comment