19th: P 8, W 1, D 3, L 4, GS 7, GA 13.

19.10.10

Liverpool lost 2-0 to Everton at Goodison Park, which prompted this response from me:
















These are troubling, troubling times for the club. I think I'll probably end up following Aston Villa's team, results and prospects of success a bit more than usual this season. I'm really in a no-man's-land right now about who I truly support and identify with.

The following is a very rough list of the players I think could've/would've/bould've made Liverpool successful this season had we kept them. It comes right out of fantasy land and ignores a lot of the importance contextual details behind the departure of many of the players. It's pretty hotch-potch given the fact that I've chucked in all the best current youth prospects and Brad Jones by default. Notice the lack of genuinely explosive, intelligent, skillful, touchline-hugging wingers that destroy full-backs and bomb crosses in for fun.


Goalkeepers: Pepe Reina, Brad Jones

Right backs: Álvaro Arbeloa, Glen Johnson

Centre backs: Jamie Carragher, Martin Škrtel, Daniel Agger, Sotirios Kyrgiakos, Martin Kelly, Daniel Ayala, Danny Wilson

Left backs: Stephen Warnock, John Arne Riise/Emiliano Insúa/Paul Konchesky, Fábio Aurélio (I'd really rather not, but otherwise he'd be homeless haha)

Central midfielders: Xabi Alonso, Javier Mascherano, Raul Meireles, Danny Murphy, Lucas, Christian Poulsen

Wingers: Dirk Kuyt, Harry Kewell, Alberto Riera, Milan Jovanović, Jermaine Pennant, Maxi Rodríguez, Nathan Eccleston, David Amoo, Christopher Buchtmann

Attacking midfielders: Steven Gerrard, Yossi Benayoun, Joe Cole, Luis García, Dani Pacheco

Strikers: Fernando Torres, Peter Crouch, Robbie Keane, Ryan Babel, Kristian Nemeth, David N'Gog


-----------------Reina------------------
------------------------------------------
--Arbeloa-Skrtel-Agger-Warnock-
------------------------------------------
---------Alonso-Mascherano--------
------------------------------------------
----Kuyt-----Gerrard------Benayoun
------------------------------------------
----------------Torres------------------


And when Torres is injured, you can change the system:
-----------------Reina------------------
------------------------------------------
--Arbeloa-Skrtel-Agger-Warnock-
------------------------------------------
----------Alonso-Mascherano-------
------------------------------------------
-----Gerrard--------------- Benayoun
------------------------------------------
-----------Crouch------Kuyt----------

0 comments:

Post a Comment