I had quite a bit of time alone in between engagements on Friday. I walked all over the city and noticed a few things I probably wouldn't on a normal day.
 |
I was just sitting on a bench for about an hour because it was cool in the shade but not too breezy. This girl put down a piece of yellow tape down the centre of the boulevard and took artistic photos of it. She was kinda in her own world without seeming like a freak. She wasn't self-conscious or anything, anyway. It was curious.
The tourists that go through Hyde Park are interesting. I'm not sure how much we Sydney natives value the park but they took it as a major attraction, taking photos and whatnot. This Japanese couple were running around, pushing each other playfully, giving each other piggy backs (or trying) and laughing hysterically and yelling loudly in Japanese. Many families of four from Latin and North America went by, all dressed in tourist garb which made them look the same, the 14 year old elder son or daughter a little awkward about being out with their family. |
 |
It was fun watching the facial expressions of the joggers that went by. Some were in pairs. One was always enjoying themselves more than the other. The ones that were alone mostly looked like they were killing themselves. I don't know if I'd like that kind of life - work in the city, highlight of your day is jogging in your lunch break. First of all I wouldn't like to get back into my suit and then get the train home later.
I had "He Doesn't Know Why" by Fleet Foxes in my head, which I played on my iPhone even though I knew it'd drain the battery of which I did not have much left. I think it sounded better in my head though. Much slower. My heart rate was pretty low at the time. |
 |
| It was kinda hard to get this photo because I couldn't stop or he'd walk too far away and I didn't want to stop anyway because then people would have to walk around me. Besides that, I didn't want to be too conspicuous about it. I just thought it was really nice, just some guy finishing his work day, and, in going home to get ready, picked up some flowers for his girlfriend. |
0 comments:
Post a Comment