13.1.11

On Saturday (08.01.) I went to the Düsseldorf Quadriennale. One of the exhibitions was all about life 1980's Düsseldorf. On a long wall they had heaps of photographs (portraits) of people, like just their faces, their expressions and hairstyle. It was really cool how they managed to capture their appearance and maybe suggest the mindset of society at the time.

I had this really wanky though that reminds me of the youtube video Gap Yah ("I really got a sense of the awesome power of nature and the insignificance of man, and then I just chundered everywhere!"). I mean, it's cool how you can capture a period of time and frame it so nicely. But also it's sad because it doesn't matter how much you put your memories onto paper or into photos or you arrange them, you will always be putting it in a frame. When we look back on the past, there's no way to recall everything that happened and exactly how it made us feel. That's kinda sad, isn't it?

0 comments:

Post a Comment