
I got there as Kyü were just finishing their set
So I can't comment much about them.
I thought they broke the night in well, though.
Looked the same as they always do:
"Just Dilla.",
Seedy moustache,
Ivan.
They always do themselves justice.
I couldn't see him all the time
To me, he seems very American -
Apathetic and tiring of humanity.
He's pretty intense.
I think if you said something stupid to him
He'd probably stare at you menacingly
And shake his head wearily.
Having said that,
(And this is just from his stage antics),
He doesn't seem to see the point in taking anything too seriously anymore,
Not least the way he looks.
It gives him this sense of abandonment on stage that's both saddening and entertaining.
Josiah, the Seekae-shirt-wearing brother of Yoni is an awesome drummer, too.
All in all, Why? play with great energy and it was a great show,
(Inconsiderate people in the crowd long forgotten).
"Even though I haven't seen you in years, yours is a funeral I'd fly to from anywhere."



0 comments:
Post a Comment