Saving The Sauce

29.10.09

So the first year's just about over ay?
How very, very exciting.

I don't want to get too rant-y but I have to have at least one pot shot while I can:
Neil MacLean is a terrible lecturer and the 60% essay he set us to do was a complete cop-out.
My Klasse went out for drinks with the tutors in Newtown tonight
And it's Niki's birthday (Happy Birthday Niki!)
But I stayed home to write about cultural identity and globalisation.
I suppose I'll just have wait a little longer to let loose, huh?

Anyway,
A mother asked me today if I was going to be her daughter's permanent teacher from now on.
She said I'm "very good" at teaching.
She didn't speak very good English but I'm going to claim that one anyway!

Macca's Large Chocolate Sundaes.
I start by eating them all frugal-like:
I ration the chocolate sauce on the top
As if it's made of gold or something, I really do.
Then I get to a point where I'm past halfway
And the ice-cream in the middle has already started to melt
And that's where all the fun starts -
With each scoop
More is uncovered...
Suddenly there's too much chocolate sauce!
"This is why I didn't get just a regular!"

Yeah, I felt I needed a treat after work ha ha.

And this is one I had on my travels to South Hurstville a few weeks ago.
Apparently the machine was broken and all the soft serve was unusually icy.
A 14 year old-looking guy looked at it and exclaimed "what a rip off, man!"
Photobucket

2 comments:

Rory said...

went out for drinks with the tutors today in newtown tonight?

i'm also tempted to ask whether you're attempting to emulate holden caulfield, i've noticed it lately in your blogs.

timtamothy said...

Nice. Yeah, I'll get rid of the "today" hahaha

Ah it's funny that you say that as I am currently reading it again so perhaps it's osmosised/osmosed/osmated?

After I typed "I really do" in this post I realised it was very Holden but I kept it anyway. Any Holden traits on previous posts I'm unaware of...?

Post a Comment