Bashful

18.9.09

Photobucket
You were smiling way too much.

A lot of the time you were looking at me, too.
It was distracting, to say the least.
I wanted to grin back like a fool
But she would've noticed.
She would've known
Why I had no answers that day.
I wanted you for longer.

You were late
And my left and right were already taken.
When you looked over
I smiled
But not too much -
I didn't want the other girl
To get the wrong idea.
There was no one sitting in front of me
But you smiled back shyly anyway.

Walk slowly next time.
I'll catch you up again.

5 comments:

Con said...

Take this girl out and please, for the love of fucking god, don't back into something.

timtamothy said...

Such a beautiful comment, Con, thank you!

Rory said...

i fuckin' finally found your new bloody name and shit, and then it's about "one of the many" at uni! christ! hahaha

Rory said...

or is perhaps the one you speak of "the one"?

timtamothy said...

Hah, dude, hold your horses. It's just a jaoke. "One of the many" I'd like to spend more time with perhaps. The lovelorn-ness of this post is just embellishment and imagined haha.

Post a Comment